What stood out to me the most in the reading was was the claim of the effectiveness of telemarketing. I worked as a telemarketer for a time when I couldn't find any other work, and it did not seem effective to me. I would also assume that telemarketing is on the decline due to many factors, especially due to ones pointed out by the author such as the DNC list and high turn over.
The only part I found confusing was the differences between a production-driven philosophy, a sales-driven philosophy, and a consumer driven philosophy. To me these are competing interests and must be balanced out rather than focusing solely on one.
Two questions I would ask the author would include: "What is the best way to balance out the three marketing philosophies?" and "Would, in your opinion, the negatives associated with telemarketing be worth the risk especially with internet marketing so well established?"
There is nothing I felt the author was wrong about in this section aside from my questions on the validity of telemarketing. This chapter was informative and helpful in an area which I am admittedly weak. Marketing is an area I need to improve on if I am going to make my business into a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment