Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

My Entrepreneurship story begins at a time before I have any conscious memory. When I was still a toddler my father decided to try his hand at self employment. He started a videography business, mostly filming weddings and corporate events. His finished product was great, he proved he was more than up to the task of filming and editing, but unfortunately there is more to a business. By the time i turned five his adventure was over and he went back to his old job. My mother and step-father started their own business in '99 and it is still in operation to this day.

They fix semi-trailers, and growing up I was often used as another set of hands to buck rivets. This was a valuable experience as I saw first had what it takes to run a business from the ground up. I also saw the immense sacrifices it takes when times are tough to stay afloat. Should circumstances allow me to pursue my own venture the way they did, then I would consider my self to be at an advantage, because i was raised by entrepreneurs.

3 comments:

  1. Luke I had a very similar experience with my entrepreneurship story. I might have been a little bit older than you when my dad started his construction business but I think that you still learned some valuable lessons from your parents. It is so great to experience first hand the mindset of an entrepreneur that both your parents and my dad had. If you want to read a little bit of mine here is the link:

    http://andreacdona.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. think that it is really neat that you had the opportunity to grow up among entrepreneurs. That open-mindedness and hard working attitude is exactly what one needs to succeed in society both as a person and an entrepreneur. Consider yourself lucky!I loved hearing your story because I am not an entrepreneur myself, nor have I ever grown up around entrepreneurs. I feel like your upbringing will really influence and help you later in life if you ever choose to become an entrepreneur yourself. You've already had hands-on experience!
    http://ckm-ent3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/week-2-my-entrepreneurship-story.html
    Here's the link to my own entrepreneurship story!
    Sorry for commenting on canvas, I will figure it out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always great to have god examples in your life. It looks like you have two good examples in your life. As you said, there is more to a business, but the important thing is to learn and keep going. I think that opportunities rise form previous opportunities and you have one right here. I hope everything goes well for you and that you can be come as good or an even better entrepreneur than your parents.

    ReplyDelete