Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection


This will be my 40th post on this blog. Had I completed every assignment it would be more but here I stand. As I look back through this blog I now have a better understanding of the logic and design of this course. It truly was a journey and one I will not soon forget. This has not been an easy semester for me, both inside and outside of class. I have had to deal with money, health, and car problems almost since the ball dropped last New Years. This class has been frustrating at times and that fact is almost better illustrated by the grade book than the blog. As I look through my weekly scores I can see where I had trouble and point out the moments where it all simply felt like too much. But now, here at the end, I can look back and be proud for making it here.

I can not pin down my most formative experience to a single assignment or blog post. I am can only judge it as an over all experience. The challenges of the deadlines and variety of assignments have forced me to grow as an entrepreneur and a person. The most enjoyable assignments for me were commenting on other blog posts and reading about other students ideas. I came across several over the course of this semester that really peaked my interest. I look forward to seeing if these idea are pursued into reality.

I do feel very strongly that I have grown as an entrepreneur as a result of this course and that I have a much deeper understanding of what makes up the proper entrepreneurial mindset. Besides the actual subject mater in the form of the readings and lectures I feel that the assignments played the largest roll in my growth as they required the application of what we learned in a real world (or hypothetical real world) scenario.

My advice to future students in this course would be the same as it was in my Half-Way Reflection. Time management is the key to success in this course just as it said in our first declaration. Take that assignment seriously and stick to a schedule for this class. Otherwise things will begin to pile up and assignments will be missed. Another key is to double check to make sure both the share and the declaration are completed. I did not receive points for assignments I completed because I forgot to declare. It is a system most of us are not used to.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Luke,
    I’m sorry to hear that your personal issues interfered with your submission of assignments in this course. I do agree that sometimes it can be difficult to remember to declare after completing an assignment and that can make doing the assignment meaningless. I’m glad you made it through the semester and hope you’re happy with your score. You can check out my Final Reflection at http://entrepreneurshipblogs.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete