What stood out to me the most in this chapter was the lack of planning on the part of many ventures out there. In the chapter it stated that 20% of ventures they studied who had no real level of strategic planning failed within the first two years. I found this figure to be surprising.
I found the section on multistage contingency approach to be a little confusing as I had a hard time differentiating it from previously mentioned approaches to strategic planning.
Two questions I would ask to the author would include: "What is the best way to avoid fatal strategies in the initial planning process with a new venture?" and "If time is limited is it worthwhile to bring in a manger more skilled in planning?"
I do not disagree with the author on any major points. Overall this chapter was well written and informative on the benifits and pitfalls of the planning process.
No comments:
Post a Comment