Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week 14 Reading Reflection

What stood out to me the most in this chapter was the need for corporate entrepreneurship in today's global economy. I know all to well how easy it is for a company to become set in it's ways and largely ignore new ideas or anything really that goes against the grain. It is an issue I face at work on an almost daily basis. For a company to survive and stay competitive it must undergo an almost constant and never ending cycle of change.

What I found most confusing was the corporate entrepreneurship strategy process. Initially I was unable to see how such a system would function but after reviewing it and comparing with my own experiences with change and growth in a business I now have a better understanding.

Two questions I have for the author would include: "At what point in the growth and life of a business would you say it becomes necessary to undergo corporate entrepreneurship and ensure that enough changes are made to adapt?" and "Would radical innovation be preferred over incremental in a situation where the existing product still meets customers needs but competition is beginning to take market share?"

There was nothing in these chapters that I found to be wrong. The author has presented this information in an understandable and informative manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment