What I found most surprising in the reading was the vast scope of factors that determine a venture's value. When I was in my teens my mother had toyed with the notion of selling her business. This was before the '08 crash and the business was doing quite well. I remember her coming up with a valuation that was over inflated and as a result couldn't find a buyer. I know she did not take all of the necessary steps to come up with a truly accurate valuation.
There was nothing in this chapter that I found to be confusing. Valuation is a complicated process but the author did a good job of breaking down the necessary steps.
Two questions I have for the author would include: "When doing a due diligence evaluation, what is a reasonable margin of error to keep in mind between the owners asking price and one's own valuation?" and "When basing value on assets and liabilities, how much value would you put on the experience of the workers themselves?"
There was nothing in this chapter I disagreed with. The author did a great job of breaking down valuation techniques and I feel I now have a better understanding of determining my businesses value.
No comments:
Post a Comment