Sunday, April 3, 2016

My Exit Strategy

In five years time I hope to have grown my business into a profitable venture and one in which I can pursue one of two options:

  1. Sell the business, invest the profits and pursue other life long goals
  2. Continue to own the business and focus on hiring and training a managerial staff so I can pursue other interests. 
Which strategy I would take will be based on the condition of my business as well as the condition of the economic environment at the time. The main goal however is to be able to spend my time on other ventures. I do not plan on staying in the sign business forever. I have grown into this industry and know a good deal about it, however it is not where my true passions lie. I have always wanted to own and operate my own flight school, specifically one aimed at Sport Pilot training, and my over all goal is to make enough money to be able to pursue this venture.




I do not think my exit strategy has effected my choices so far in any noticeable way. The amount of work required to make my vision into a reality is the same regardless if I plan to sell in five years or run it until I retire. The opportunity I identified came to me from my current job. My equipment would have to come the way of financing and hopefully the outstanding debts that would create would be paid off in five years time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Luke,

    You did a great job getting to the main point of this assignment. I think your exit strategy is reasonable. It really does depend on how successful it will be and the conditions surrounding the time of initiation. However, remember that most of the time start-ups are unprofitable in the beginning so you will need to wait for a while to see real results of profit.

    If you have the time, check out my post at
    http://entoni3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luke,
    I had a very similar thought process on my exit strategy. Once I have made a venture with enough success to earn a profit, I think there are quite a few other ways I would like to explore the entrepreneurial world. The hardest part would be continuing down the path of my current venture to be able to make a profit, which I think is a problem you may face too. Great post though! Please check out my post at http://jdasher.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy-week-13.html

    ReplyDelete