Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 15 Reading Reflection

I had heard of micro-finance before, surprisingly enough in a humanities course I took many years ago. What surprised me most from this reading was the size and scope of the micro-finance  industry across the globe. In the article the author claimed that over 140 Million people have been reached through these programs. While this is obviously not enough to eradicate poverty it is a great start.

There was nothing in the article that I found to be confusing. The article was well written and free of any over sue of technical jargon the average reader such as my self would find difficult to understand. 

Two questions I have for the author would include: "How do you think more entrepreneurs and wealthy individuals can be encouraged to take part in such organizations?" and "Since crime is rampant in many of the worlds poorest places, how can you properly protect a lending infrastructure in this type of environment?"

There was nothing I disagree with in this article. It was written from the authors prospective and is based on his first hand experience in this industry. I cannot see how I have any right as an outsider to question anything he wrote.

1 comment:

  1. Great article and thanks for your work.You made an article that is interesting.
    escape games

    ReplyDelete