- I have worked in the signage industry now for over three years. While that time period isn't long, especially compared to my co-workers, it has netted me valuable experience in understanding what the customers needs are in this field. I am fortunate in that I have experience in every task in our little shop. I have experience in production, design, sales and installation. As far as my aspirations go, had the question been asked a year or so ago I would have been able to give a clear and detailed answer, now however I am not so sure. This business concept is one I have thought about since before taking this class, and should it become a reality I believe it would be the primary focus of my life.
- My company's purpose is to provide high quality signage to customers anywhere in the world. I have seen the current quality of online signage and I find it lacking.
- My customer is a business person. I have determined both from my experiences at work and from my interviews that the average private citizen has little use for signage in their personal lives. The only call I have for signage for people not connected with a business entity is generally a birthday or anniversary banner, or perhaps a small vinyl decal for the back window of their car. Entrepreneurs and managers are the main purchasers of signage, and they are my target.
- Customers will pay for my product because it will be of a higher quality than they can currently receive from an online sign company. While I may not beat the prices of places like Vista Print, I will beat their quality. In my current job I have many out of state customers whom I have never met face to face and likely never will. They communicate with us via email or phone and then we ship them their finished signage. My business will provide the same quality of product and service to the end user without the waste of a brick and mortar storefront. In addition, by providing an web based store front with an emphasis on user-friendliness, my company will be just as readily accessible and mass-marketable as my competitors.
- My core competency that sets me above my competition is a personal belief that if you deliver a quality product to the customer then they will come back. A sign isn't like most retail products. A sign is as unique as the person or company who has commissioned it. It is not mass produced (unless it's a bandit coroplast) and has to truly represent the identity of the company whose logo is on it.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Idea Napkin No. 1
Labels:
Week 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you have done an excellent job in really giving detailed answers to these necessary questions. This shows that you really understand your personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as the ins and outs of your business. I like that you take a specific interest in quality, which as a consumer I can appreciate.
ReplyDeletecheck out my blog at: http://dslent.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Luke, I think this is a very innovative idea! I really like that you are a business person reaching out to other business persons. I also like the idea that it is based primarily on quality over everything, which I think would make it more difficult to start up but once it's up and running would eventually make it more successful.
ReplyDeletecheck out my blog:http://andiev.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
At first, I was not sure if providing signage would be a good business idea. However, as I continued to read your post, I realized that this idea was actually very innovative. If you could provide a higher quality product than your competitors, customers would definitely pay for it.
ReplyDeleteCheck out my post: http://tylermurton.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
I appreciate how you respect quality over price. It is important to understand who your competitors are and why you are superior so I like how you compared yourself to vistaprint. I feel you will do well because as you pointed out you have the drive and that is key. Perseverance is a necessary trait to survive as an entrepreneur. If you have an opportunity please check out my blog at http://domdey10.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html?m=1
ReplyDelete