What I found was the most surprising about the reading were the advantages of incumbents. I had never thought of these advantages when thinking of the threats facing new ventures. Its easy to believe that by providing a superior product one can easily compete with existing competitors, but the connections made within a community can be an incumbent's best asset.
I didn't find any thing in the reading confusing, the article was well written and the concepts presented are easy to understand.
My questions to the author would include: "What would be the best method of reducing the threat of rivalries forming among competitors in an industry?" The author claims that rivalry is destructive to an industry. Another question would be: "How would you determine the ideal industry growth rate as an investor?"
I found nothing in the article that I disagree with. I have read of the five forces before in other classes I have taken and nothing here has contradicted what I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment