The biggest surprise for me in the reading was to learn that angle investments make up a larger pool of funds for entrepreneurs, especially those in the process of starting up a firm. According to the text angel investments are five times greater than investments from venture capital firms.
The only part of the reading that I found confusing was the section referring to accredited purchasers. After re-reading the section I have a better understanding as to the requirements to be considered accredited and also the limitations that come without being accredited.
Questions I would ask the author would include what would be the best method in determining the right avenue of financing to take. The chapter outlined several options ranging from commercial banks to informal investors. It seems that the right choice in money source could make or break a business with debt or relinquish to much control in the form of equity.
There was nothing in the reading that I disagree with the author or believe they were wrong about. I learned a great deal in this chapter about financing a business that I did not know before.
No comments:
Post a Comment