Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5 Reading Reflection

What stood out to me the most in this week's reading was the emphasis on understanding the causes of failure. As we all know well, the odds are against you when starting a business. I think what stood out the most was the failure prediction model and it's use of the role of debt. From what I have personally seen, some entrepreneurs don't give enough attention to the role that debt will play and how liabilities will stack up in lean times.

There was nothing in the reading I can say I truly found confusing, although the section referring to Z-scores seems foreign to me as I do know understand how they relate to finance. This is something I will have to do further research on.

My questions to the authors would include: What would the best way to appropriately test a product's technical feasibility on a large scale while constrained by a budget? Also, what is the best way to judge a competitive advantage when entering an existing market?

There was nothing in the chapter I disagreed with. I would say they were spot on the analysis of risks a new venture faces and reinforcing the need for truly objective analysis of the feasibility of the venture

No comments:

Post a Comment