Sunday, April 17, 2016

Going for Google Gold

I will be the first to admit that I did little, if any thing towards search engine optimization and promoting my blog. In truth my main concern was to simply complete the assignment itself and all of my effort went into the quality of the post, not its promotion. The most promotion I did was to provide a link to my own post for the assignment I was commenting on.

My keywords were the week number and the title of the post taken usually verbatim from the assignment. I selected these keywords based off of the instructions in the assignment, as I have said before I have done little else outside of what I was instructed to do in regards to promotion.

I do not use social media in any for personally, so therefore I didn't use social media to promote my blog. Should I pursue my business idea into reality I would certainly use social media to my advantage. While I have a personal distaste for it, I have seen its value both in this class and other marketing, business, and technology courses I have taken.

My most viral post was: "Elevator Pitch No. 2". I do not know why this is exactly. The feedback I received for this post was overwhelmingly positive so perhaps it was spread that way. It had 18 views and four comments.

Searching for both "Luke Logsdon blog" and "Luke Logsdon Week 13" (An arbitrary week number), one or more of my posts came up as the first result. To my surprise there are in fact other out there who share my name but my link still came up in the first spot. 


3 comments:

  1. Luke, I approached the blog exactly the same as you. I don't remember SEO being one of the objectives of a mock business. Could you imagine if we promoted our ideas and attracted interest without ever wanting anything more than and education? Think of the opportunity we would have created and unsatisfied customers. Nice job. Here is a link to almost the same post in my words: http://guntotinghippie.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke, I approached the blog exactly the same as you. I don't remember SEO being one of the objectives of a mock business. Could you imagine if we promoted our ideas and attracted interest without ever wanting anything more than and education? Think of the opportunity we would have created and unsatisfied customers. Nice job. Here is a link to almost the same post in my words: http://guntotinghippie.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke,
    I also did not try my hardest to promote my blog, as this wasn't explicitly stated in any assignment. It is quite impressive that your blog was the first result on Google with minimal effort to promote your posts. I think that if you and I both used more keywords and social media then we would both be much better off. If you wanna take a look at my post, here it is:
    http://christheentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete